The PI-REPEATER-2X complete system is everything you need to add a PI-REPEATER controller to your radio setup. This system comes fully assembled with a specially designed metal enclosure, inside is a PI-REPEATER-2X interface board, Raspberry Pi 3B, 32GB microSD card (preloaded) 12V->5V3A USB power supply, and all the cables and hardware to bring it together.
The PI-REPEATER-2X controller board includes a number of extra features that help with integration, and expansion to other equipment and make the installation easier.
- Built in audio
- an on-board SGTL5000 audio codec eliminates the need for external USB audio dongles to be able to get input audio
- audio adjustments
- Level adjustments – 18 turn potentiometers allows for fine adjustments to both input and output audio channels
- Flat audio – Flat audio can be enabled with a simple slide switch, this is available independently for both in
- put audio channels
- GPIO Expander – 8@ 3.3V GPIO in a DSUB-15 connector interface, great for a variety of NO/NC type sensors, LEDs, control signals, etc.
- Analog to Digital Converter – 8 Analog inputs (5V reference) through a DSUB-9 connector interface, great for environmental sensors.
- Radio Signal interfacing
- COS (COR) and CTCSS inputs are to tolerant of 5-12V type radio control signals that can be either active high or active low type. The active high and active low is selectable with a simple slide switch
- PTT interfaces provides an active low signal to the radio that is capable of handling up to 2A of current, plenty to handle several modern radios and relays.
- I2C expansion header (not preinstalled) – Gives easy access to the I2C bus for adding additional I2C based devices
- SPI expansion header (not preinstalled)- SPI (CS1) is available for adding a SPI based device
- UART Header – The simple (TX/RX) UART interface is shared with the GPS socket, but a slide switch will allow you to quickly select between the 2 options.