The PI-REPEATER-2X complete system is everything you need to add a PI-REPEATER controller to your radio setup. This system comes fully assembled with a specially designed metal enclosure, inside is a PI-REPEATER-2X interface board, Raspberry Pi 3B, 32GB microSD card (preloaded) 12V->5V3A USB power supply, and all the cables and hardware to bring it together.
The PI-REPEATER-2X controller board includes a number of extra features that help with integration, and expansion to other equipment and make the installation easier.
- Built in audio
- an on-board SGTL5000 audio codec eliminates the need for external USB audio dongles to be able to get input audio
- audio adjustments
- Level adjustments – 18 turn potentiometers allows for fine adjustments to both input and output audio channels
- Flat audio – Flat audio can be enabled with a simple slide switch, this is available independently for both in
- put audio channels
- GPIO Expander – 8@ 3.3V GPIO in a DSUB-15 connector interface, great for a variety of NO/NC type sensors, LEDs, control signals, etc.
- Analog to Digital Converter – 8 Analog inputs (5V reference) through a DSUB-9 connector interface, great for environmental sensors.
- A socket is provided for adding a Spark-Fun designed GPS receiver, this provides a convenient reliable method for having accurate time synchronization between sites, and for network time if needed. The GPS receiver board uses a SMA connector to allow for a variety of antenna options.
- Radio Signal interfacing
- COS (COR) and CTCSS inputs are to tolerant of 12V type radio control signals that can be either active high or active low type. The active high and active low is selectable with a simple slide switch
- PTT interfaces provides an active low signal to the radio that is capable of handling up to 2A of current, plenty to handle several modern radios and relays.
- I2C expansion header (not preinstalled) – Gives easy access to the I2C bus for adding additional I2C based devices
- SPI expansion header (not preinstalled)- SPI (CS1) is available for adding a SPI based device
- UART Header – The simple (TX/RX) UART interface is shared with the GPS socket, but a slide switch will allow you to quickly select between the 2 options.